The top 10 misquoted song lyrics...
Published on 20th December 2013
No, it isn’t the dawning of the age of Asparagus and Adele isn’t asking “Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing penguins'', you just misheard.
Abba's Dancing Queen, Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody all crop up as songs with regularly misheard lyrics. Any more come to mind?
Spotify ran a poll to find the Top 10 Misquoted Song Lyrics. Here are the results…
1. Blinded by the light...wrapped up like a douche when you're rollin’ in the night / Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night (Manfred Mann’s Earth Band, Blinded By the Light) – 52%
2. ’Scuse me, while I kiss this guy / ‘Scuse me, while I kiss the sky (Jimi Hendrix, Purple Haze) – 19%
3. Rock the cat box / Rock the Casbah (The Clash, Rock The Casbah) – 14%
4. Hold me closer Tony Danza / Hold me closer tiny dancer (Elton John, Tiny Dancer) – 13%
5. There’s a bathroom on the right / There’s a bad moon on the rise (Credence Clearwater Revival, Bad Moon Rising) – 12%
6. Take me down to a very nice city / Take me down to paradise city (Guns N’ Roses, Paradise City) – 10%
7. Animal! / Panama! (Van Halen, Panama) – 9%
8. Like a cheese stick / Like a G6 (Far East Movement, Like a G6) – 8%
9. Don't go Jason waterfalls / Don’t go chasing waterfalls (TLC, Waterfalls) – 7%
10. I blow bubbles when you are not here / My world crumbles when you are not near (Macy Gray, I Try) – 4%
It makes for good listening. Sing the wrong words with pride to the playlist by clicking here.